Our Privacy Commitment to You
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the confidentiality of your personal health information. The types of personal health information we collect may include your name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, health history and records of the care provided to you. We collect, use and disclose personal health information for the following purposes:
- to understand the patient's health history as it pertains to their personalized massage therapy treatment plan and
- to send you information about your homecare program as part of your treatment plan
- to understand your risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19
- to schedule and confirm appointments for treatment
- to submit insurance claims on your behalf when you request it and to send you receipts for payment of products and services
- to comply with our regulatory obligations to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- to advise you about special events or opportunities
I believe that it is imperative that all clients have control over their Personal Information. You have the right to request access to, receive a copy of, update and amend your Personal Information by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing it to 2132 Nipigon Dr, Oakville, ON, L6H 4E4. When we receive your request, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request to protect your privacy and security.
You may give or withhold consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information and personal health information at any time.
You also have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at the address below if you have concerns about our privacy practices or how your personal health information has been handled:
Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8 Telephone: Toronto Area (416/local 905): (416) 326-3333 Long Distance: 1 (800) 387-0073 (within Ontario) TDD/TTY: (416) 325-7539 FAX: (416) 325-9195 www.ipc.on.ca